Not all agents are created equal
POSTED BY Adam Jordan ON 30 Jan 2018
Having the right real estate agent by your side when buying or selling a home is critical. So how do you choose the right Agent? The most important factor is experience. Find a real estate agent who has extensive experience in your neighbourhood. Don”t just sign up with anyone, ask questions!
A few questions to consider:
- Do you work full time or part time?
- How long have you been selling homes in this area?
- Are you familiar with the areas I”m considering?
- What type of homes do you usually handle?
- What percentage of your business comes from referrals and repeat clients?
- How many sales have you closed?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- How close to the asking price do your homes sell?
- On average, how many days do homes stay on the market?
- Will you guide us as we prepare the house to be listed?
- Will we receive a copy of the marketing plan?
- How will you advertise our home? In what media and when will ads run?
- When do you plan to hold open houses?
- Do you plan to do anything else to get the word out?
- How often can we expect to be updated, even if there”s nothing to report?
We certainly hope we have the opportunity to work with you when you’re ready to sell your home! We look forward to talking to you when you’re ready.