Helpful Hints for Routine Inspections
Periodic routine inspections are conducted every 3-4 months. You will receive an entry notice in the mail/email providing you with a minimum 7 days notice prior to the inspection. Note: At routine inspections, it is expected that dogs will be restrained in order for the Routine Inspector to inspect the yard.
Regular cleaning will help keep your rental property in good order. Our Routine Inspections Manager has compiled a list of the following areas that will be checked at these inspections. These are not just basic cleaning issues, but items that left unattended could cause long term damage to the property.
- Accumulation of dirt in sliding window/door/robe tracks.
- Dirty areas in carpets eg. traffic area from kitchen/dining-lounge, outside bathrooms, around lounge chairs (provide some form of protection).
- Build-up of spilled and burnt on material on and around hot plates and in drip trays and to a lesser degree ovens- especially the roof and grills.
- Build-up of mould/scum in showers/baths on walls and bases, on sealant between laminate and tiles of vanities, around bases of taps and in tracks of sliding shower screens.
- Cleaning products being stored on kitchen/laundry/bathroom window sills, causing paint to peel.
- Flat batteries not being replaced in smoke alarms, removing or interfering with smoke alarms (this is illegal and is a tenants responsibility throughout tenancy).
- Build-up of mould/scum around kitchen sink taps, on sealant between laminate and tiles (particularly behind sink area)
- Build-up of mould/slippery areas on paths/patio/driveways.
- Oil spills on garage floor and driveways.
- Accumulated piles of garden trimmings heaped around the yard/courtyard.
- Grass clippings being tipped on garden beds.
- Weeds and grass growing in flower beds/courtyard areas.
If you have any questions regarding routine inspections, please contact our Property Management department on 07 3466 0261.